Monday, July 7, 2008

Open for business.

Wow it's been a long time since I posted anything. But there is good reason for it. for the 2.5 people who actually read this, and are interested, I finally have a beta version of my website up and running. I have had a site for some time, but recently I decided to start from scratch and build something a little better. Thus I have spent nearly every moment of my life for the last 3 weeks trying to put this thing together. It's not at the point I want it yet (I already have some cosmetic changes in mind), but at least it's in workable condition. Click on the playing card in the left column to visit, or click here. If you have time, I would love any feedback about what works for you and what doesn't.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW man, that's great. I didn't know you had it in you, you've been a busy boy. Love the playing card treatment, and I love the red transition.

I'd like to see:

1) Text hints and stronger visual cues when mousing over the menu buttons,
2) A link somewhere I can click to download a PDF resume, and
3) A way to enlarge the portfolio thumbnails for a better look.

Someday in the future, for version 3, I'd say lose the intro screen (died a few years ago), and go with an entire playing card (or gambling, green card table, etc) theme instead of the picture frame.

Nice work!

July 7, 2008 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Ryan Hill said...

Super cool. Personally, I love the intro screen (and intro screens in general), but since I've basically been dead for two years, Brev would know what's "in" better than I would.

Speaking of which, what is the preferred screen resolution these days? I'm in 1024 x 768 pixels, and the bottom half of the text below the picture frame is just barely cut off (you have to scroll down to see it). Or is that deliberate?
And I agree with Brev's three suggestions.

I really like it. I wish I had mad computer skillz like you.

July 8, 2008 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Lincoln and Alisia said...

I love it. I forgot how talented you are. Your stuff is great, I love the website, however it is not very clear how you get to each example. it took be a second to notice to use the thumb tabs on the side... does that make sense? It looks great though.

July 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Kent and Shan said...

Col,
I love it! You're amazing. I don't have any suggestions-sorry, I just wanted to let you know I think it's very cool and it totally works for me!

July 18, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home