Friday, March 21, 2008

Music for the Masses.

I had all the best intentions of posting this stuff on Friday, but as soon as I got home from work I went to bed not feeling well and stayed there for almost two days. However, I don't want to let this exercise too far away from me, so I decided to post today instead. Turn up your speakers, put your feet up, and have a listen.

I may be the last one to the party with this these guys, but I think they are great. I heard about Vampire Weekend a while ago, but never got too into them until recently. Besides since Madilynn seems to be into Paul Simon's Graceland, I figured she may like this too. Shan, some of the lyrics from the others songs may not be baby friendly, so listen to them first before you let her listen.



I have loved Band of Horses for some time now, but this song is outstanding.



Finally, this last song I am posting is by Bon Iver. I find that as I get older and grayer( which is happening much faster than I would ever have anticipated) I find my musical tastes are changing. I never thought I would step away from the punk scene, but as much as I love that music, I find it increasingly harder to relate to. I guess maybe that's all part of growing up. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home